Saturday, January 1, 2011

As much as I don't want to start 2011 with a blog of hate, I just want to say that I hate the loneliness of breaks. Every day this week I've been waking up, eating breakfast, going somewhere with Internet, eating lunch, texting five or six friends to see if they're in town yet and if they want to hang out, and only getting responses from people who aren't in town yet. Am I really that boring? I've been getting a lot of exercise, though, walking probably at least 3 miles every day for the past few days.

I spent New Years with people in the credential program. I had no idea everyone was so close-knit. I don't know how they found the time and energy to get that way. It was pretty fun, though. I got a free beer at Humbrews just for having a trumpet with me, that was cool. And we danced for about two hours.

I just wish people would call me back when I leave a message asking if they're free to make dinner tonight! I feel like I'm texting and talking to nobody. I only have two days left of my break and I want to see people before I'm forced to only see children every day for 18 weeks.

Wah, grumpy, wah. I think I'll go put that Greek yogurt in the fridge now.

Stephy

No comments: