I haven't been journaling for the last two weeks. But it's been a really important 2 weeks for me! I'm a different person now.
Here are some things.
- I got a bike! From a lady off Craigslist! For $60. It's Barbie-shoe purple. (Actually her brunette friend Teresa wears purple, so it's Teresa-shoe purple.) And. I rode it around yesterday and figured out that the brakes really severely need adjustments, as do the cables that make the chain shift to a lower gear. But, I also figured that out all by myself. And I figured out the things I should do to change this. This will happen. I will ride to Freshwater.
- I substitute-taught last week for the first time. It wasn't so bad! The kids were really nice. (They also knew me already, but whatever.) I will eventually get money for doing this.
- I've discovered the bread of my dreams. Shut up. It takes me minutes to decide what bread to get every time I buy bread. "Classic Light Bread" is only $3, organic, and the only ingredients are water, whole wheat flour, yeast, salt, and oats. And it is freakin' delicious, and substantial, and chewy.
- My concert black pants are now comfortable again.
- I'm arranging "Summertime" by Gershwin for the jazz combo at the school where I'm student teaching. It will be epic and specific to the needs of that group.
- I got my summer dream job--assistant camp director in charge of all-camp programs and leadership. And they even changed it around so it's built specifically for my strengths. It feels damn good to have skills people want so much they'll change a job description for you.
- I get financial aid after all. Because my mom was denied for a parent loan. And it's way more than I've ever received before. Suck it, HSU. I am legit. (Why would you think my parents have money if I have two sisters, and a mom, who are all also students?)
Better go get ready for the Eureka Symphony concert!